Tuesday, March 1, 2011

To Brighten Your Day!

I've had a pretty decent day.  Aside from the fact that I'm blatantly procrastinating at the moment (I really don't want to do this week's English movie discussion), I feel pretty accomplished.  In fact, I've been very productive today and I have a feeling that when I go to bed, I will have a general feeling of satisfaction when I retrace my day in my head.

I had a fantastic day at school today.  I'm very confident in my answers on the big math test I took.  My solo audition in choir didn't suck horribly.  And Percussion Ensemble was exceptionally therapeutic, as always.  I've been thinking about several lists I want to post on here as well as possibly starting to incorporate illustrations or photos to spice up my posts.

To celebrate the fantabulous mood I'm in, I thought I would link y'all to some of the blogs I check regularly.  Keep in mind that I am new to writing in the blogosphere, but I have been watching these blogs in particular for years.

PostSecret - I love love LOVE PostSecret.  I have all of the books that have been published except for one.  This particular project celebrates the ability to free yourself of secrets and baggage under pretenses of anonymity and what a wonderful gift unloading your secrets can be.  I have thought about submitting secrets over the years, but I never got around to it.  Please be warned though - Some of the secrets are definitely of a mature-nature.

Cake Wrecks - A celebration of what happens when bakers go stupid.  Some of these are absolutely hilarious!  The 'Sunday Sweets' are always amazing though.  So you get 6 days a week of horrendously hilarious monstrosities and one day a week of awe-inspiring, glorious confections of uber-fabulousness.  I'll take that!  (Plus, who doesn't love cake?  Fo' Realz!)

Awkward Family Photos - Now Now, before you get on your high horse and lecture me about how not-nice it is to make fun of people, I know.  This particular site is meant for good-natured fun.  People send in their own absolutely ridiculous family photos and we all get a good chortle.  (Stay away from the comments section though.  People are rude and callous and should be beat with sticks over there)  My favorites are angry baby pictures and old 80's hair pictures. 

And finally, my ABSOLUTE MOST FAVORITEST BLOG EVER!

Hyperbole And A Half - Seriously, this girl Allie... I'm in love with her.  I love her writing style, I love her pictures, I love her stories, I love the way her brain works.  She will have you dying with laughter within six minutes.  Her stories sound a lot like some of the things running through my head about 90% of the time.  Plus, any woman who loves drawing silly pictures of unicorns and alots gets my vote any day of the week.  If you don't know what an alot is, go here:  The Alot If you want to see my personal favorite story of hers, go here: God of Cake  Over the past year or so, I've managed to go back through every post she's ever made.  Seriously, if I ever meet this girl, I'm going to give her a cupcake with a marshmallow giraffe on it, ten thousand pixie stix, and a new computer.  Except for the new computer bit, because I can't afford that.  And maybe ten pixie stix instead of ten-thousand... because I can't afford ten-thousand pixie stix either.

PS: My birthday is on April 5th and I really want This in a size 3x.

No comments:

Post a Comment